What Is Email Marketing and Why You Should Be Doing It In 2021
What Is Email Marketing and Why You Should Be Doing It
When it comes to digital marketing, there are many different tools at your disposal. One of the most powerful tools is email marketing. If your small business is not actively engaged in email marketing, you are missing out on a huge opportunity. Today, you are going to learn what email marketing is and why you should be involved with it.
What Is Email Marketing?
If you are not familiar with email marketing, it is basically a way to directly reach customers and provide them with offers. These offers can include a host of different things like free eBooks, discounts on products or services, one-time offers, and more. Email marketing campaigns are designed to entice leads that you have gathered to make a purchase on your website or landing page.
When you begin your journey with email marketing for small businesses, you will need to build a list of potential customers by gathering their names and email addresses. Below are a few ways to create your email list for your email marketing campaign with potential buyers for your products or services.
Landing pages: One of the best ways to get email addresses added to your list is by creating landing pages. A landing page is a page that you add to your website that has one direct purpose. That purpose is to persuade visitors to sign up for your email list to receive newsletters and offers throughout the year.
Host a giveaway: Most people like getting things for free. A great way to grab their email is to host a giveaway. Create a signup page on your website that directs visitors to ‘signup’ for the giveaway with their email addresses.
Signup shoppers after a purchase: One of the most common ways to grab email addresses to add to your list is after purchase. When a customer makes a purchase, there is no guarantee they will return. To increase the odds of them becoming a repeat customer, you should add them to your email list and send them periodic offers.
Ten Reasons You Should Be Using Email Marketing
Now that you know what email marketing is, let’s take a look at why you should be using it in 2021 and beyond.
1. Email is a powerful driver for conversions: As a small business, your goal is to bring in as many new customers as possible. A well-written email can be very persuasive and encourage potential leads to take action. Thus, turning a lead into a paying customer.
2. Gets your message out to the masses: Facebook is a great place to generate leads. However, studies show that when you send out a Facebook message, only 2% of your fans actually get it. On the other hand, the same research suggests that 90% of emails sent out get to the intended recipient. That amount of direct contact is amazing and is just one more reason why you should be using email marketing in 2021.
3. Many people prefer email over messaging: When it comes to communication, many people including potential customers prefer email over instant messaging. This is especially true when it comes to purchasing a product. Good email marketing campaigns can take advantage of this fact and turn a conversation into a conversion.
4. Email is not going anywhere: The future of email is a pretty solid one. The email will be around for decades to come because it offers a practical solution to modern-day communications. Although almost all of us communicate on social media, those platforms might not exist from one year to the next. By investing in email marketing for small businesses, you won’t have to worry about it disappearing any time soon.
5. Email marketing gives you a larger reach: Just think about this for a minute, there are over 4 billion email users in the world today. That is a staggering number! Because there are so many people that use email on a daily basis, you will have more reach compared to other forms of contact.
6. It is cost-effective: Email marketing services for small businesses is one of the most affordable ways to drive leads. For a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing, you can start an email campaign that has the ability to reach thousands of potential clients. For small businesses that don’t have a large advertising budget, email marketing is a great alternative to print ads and paid ads.
7. Creates a personal touch: Most customers appreciate the personal touch when it comes to shopping. A direct email from a small business will make customers feel appreciated and wanted. This personal touch can help drive sales which will increase your bottom line.
8. Email marketing improves brand awareness: If your small business is just getting started, chances are your brand is not that well-known. A great way to get the word out about your brand and increase brand awareness is by sending out emails.
9. Your message is not limited: Don’t get me wrong, social media marketing is a great way to generate leads. However, most social media platforms limit the number of characters you can send out on a particular post. With email marketing, you are not limited by the amount of content you can put in a message. This allows you to be more detailed about your message.
10. Has more features: let’s face it, there is a limit to what you can do on social media. As we have learned above you are restricted when it comes to the type of content you can send out. Email gives you more features such as full use of HTML. This allows you to personalize your message and add any type of media you choose.
As you can see, email marketing is a great tool for increasing leads and making more sales. It is a powerful conversion tool that you can leverage to your benefit. If you would like help getting started with your very own email marketing campaign, you should consider our email marketing services for small businesses. This type of service is the best way to quickly get started with email marketing and start building your sales funnel.
If you decide to get started on your email marketing campaign on your own, then check out our Digital Marketing Tools For Small Business and you can choose the one that works best for your business and get started for FREE!
Leave a comment below on what email marketing campaign tools have worked out best for you.